


Well, I tried out some new things this week. I tried to stay within the rules of this week's challenge. I have really been wanting to practice taking pictures of fire. I was a big time pyro. I tried taking pictures of matches, but that didn't work so I resorted to candles.
I saw a cool picture a few weeks ago of a drop of water. I tried and tried to take a similar shot, but I couldn't quite do it like they did. I do like the water drop pictures, but I haven't figured out how to get rid of the grain. I must have taken nearly 300 pictures to get those three water shots. It was pretty hard to get the drop in focus and the timing right. My poor kids took turns dropping the water out of a dropper! :)
I also tried looking around at things in the house. I had Cameron put on that hat, and then I took some pictures of the chess board.
4 comments:
I LOVE the water; especially the last one (on the bottom). That came out the clearest. You'll have to teach me how to do that; I've wanted to learn it for a long time too.
These are all really nice and nice conversions too! Such talent :-)
Erin--
As usual, your photos are outstanding. You have such a great eye. Cameras mean nothing if you can't "see" the shot. I love the way you convert to B&W. Do you use PS for that?
Your water shots are great; I can almost hear the "plink" as the drop hits.
The rest are great, too. Cam is SO photogenic!
Erin, these are phenomenal pictures! I just love the one of Cameron in the hat, that is just so cute! I am also so humbled when I look at your pictures and see the talent that you have, you are so knowledgable when it comes to using your camera to effeciency, and then enhancing your pictures through editing. I just love your work and know that I can learn so much from you.
I stand in awe. The water drops are right out of a professional mag. Great work!
Post a Comment