Friday, September 08, 2006

Lights

I was messing around the other night with lights. I just thought this one was odd.

Anyways, I was reading something about macro lenses (I want to take more water pictures), and I ran across something that made me laugh. I went out with Rebecca to take those pictures of Seattle at night. My pictures didn't turn out because I didn't have a shutter release cord or what ever those things are called. All of the pictures had different degrees of blurriness. Then I read that you can always set your camera's timer to take macro stills to avoid the blur. I felt like an idiot! I would have never thought of the timer! So anyone who would like to take pictures that require a tripod and should have little to no shake...use the timer! ;) Just thought I would share that.

I also wanted to take another picture of the moon. I would like to get a picture with the sky blue. Has anyone taken pictures like this? The sky looks blue when I take the picture, but then in the picture itself it is black. If I decrease the shutter speed, it overexposes the moon. The only thing I can think of is to find a full moon out right as the sun is setting. Any ideas?

4 comments:

pat said...

love the lights--the color and movement are great; it reminds me of an abstract painting.
The foggy/cloud-covered moon is fabulous--so mood-setting and atmospheric (no pun intended). What a GREAT shot!

MD said...

WOW! what great pictures of the moon, they make me think of Harry Potter!

Annette said...

I love these photos of the moon. I took some similar photos, during dusk, one using flash and one without. The one using flash turned out dark around the moon, and the one without turned out like your cloud-covered moon. I think you will have to wait until we have a clear day again and take the picture right before dusk to get the blue around it.

Annette said...

I love these photos of the moon. I took some similar photos, during dusk, one using flash and one without. The one using flash turned out dark around the moon, and the one without turned out like your cloud-covered moon. I think you will have to wait until we have a clear day again and take the picture right before dusk to get the blue around it.