Sunday, October 08, 2006

Depth of Field


Well, I am finally posting a depth-of-field picture. I am a little behind. :) I also included a picture that I took while standing above the candles. Thank you Marci for the inspiration. :) I got a little too close, but I couldn't get back any farther. The ceiling was in the way. I had to climb up onto my entertainment center because I was too lazy to set it up again on the floor. I am trying really hard to take pictures "correctly" in the first place. I am trying to wean (sp) myself away from photoshop. :) I have been trying to pay closer attention to the lighting and the metering on my camera.

5 comments:

pat said...

of course, fabulous as usual! I can't decide which one I like better...they are both great shots. I really like the way you caught the smoke eddying around the candles. Very spooky. The colors are great and just glow and give tons of warmth.

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

These photos have such warmth to them. Great colors!! I love them both; the angles/perspectives are fabulous!

Annette said...

AWESOME! What a beautiful shot from above! I love both photos!

MD said...

I love these pictures! Until I read your blog, I thought that the candles were froot loops or something like that, the aireal (sp) view of the candles is awesome! These are very cool!

Mara said...

Man you have talent! Great shots. You should sell some of these!