Monday, July 17, 2006



Here is one blue picture I guess. I tried taking a picture of the lightning, but it is very hard to know when it is going to strike. So I would just push the button and hope there would be lightning! :) I think this will have to do for my blue picture. I have been trying to take a picture of just my son's blue eyeball, but so far I haven't gotten it to work.

6 comments:

pat said...

Erin--
This is fabulous! Where were you to get a shot of lightning? Love the sky.
Pat

Erin said...

We were waiting for the fireworks show over in Carnation. Then when the fireworks show did start, I didn't watch it until the end because I was obsessed with the lightning! Makes me want to go back to Tucson for the mansoon season!

heidster said...

You are amazing. My camera is just point and shoot - but the response is so slow there is now way I could get something like this. the lightening and the fireworks are wonderful!!

MD said...

This is an AWESOME picture! You capture such amazing events in nature!

Erin said...

If your camera lets you adjust the aperature (by the way, I don't know how to spell), you can take pictures like this and the fireworks. I also took a picture of Shalene and a sparkler using the aperature priority mode. Maybe I will post it. Anyways, anyone can do it if they set their settings right. I got lucky on this one because the lightning struck right at the end of the exposure. Most of the pictures I took were VERY blurry because I didn't have a tripod with me. That is also why this picture doesn't look quite right...the shutter had been sitting open for a while with me trying my best to hold the camera still...then at the last second the lightning flashed. You can also take pictures of city lights by adjusting the aperature...but you need a tripod. Might be fun to go to the temple and try and take some night shots of it.

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

AMAZING!